Internships in the Department of Calvados
The Twinning Office of the Bezirk of Lower Franconia has many years of experience in the field of internship placements within the framework of the twinning with the department of Calvados and has numerous contacts in the partner region, mainly in the cultural and tourism sectors.
With its expertise it supports, free of charge, Lower-Franconian students in their search for an internship pf 1 to 3 months in the partner region Calvados and lends a helping hand for the applicants in terms of preparing the documents, transmitting contacts for potential internshio positions, searching for accomodation, preparing the internship as well as being the direct contact during the stay in France.
If you would like to do an internship in Calvados, you should start looking for an internship position in advance and allow at least four months for the search.
- a student at a university, university of applied sciences or interpreting school
- between 18 and 30 years old
- from Lower Franconia or study here
- completed at least 1 to 2 years of your studies
- a good level of French, genuine motivation, adaptability, openness, and the ability to act independently
You would like to
- continue to improve your level of French
- prepare for the European labour market
- gain experience abroad
- gain insights into the corporate culture of the other country
Since the internships usually are not remunerated, the costs for travel, stay and accomodation must be paid by the students themselves. You can apply for subsidies from the German-French Youth Office, but there is no guarantee that you will be eligible for them. In addition, there is the possibility to apply for an Erasmus+ subsidy under certain conditions for internships of at least 60 days of duration. Further information on this can be found at https://www.uni-wuerzburg.de/international/studieren-im-ausland/.
For an internship in France, you will need
- a letter of application in French
- a curriculum vitae in French
- a photograph
- various insurance documents (health insurance, liability- and accident insurance)
- an internship contract from your university, preferably in French
|Bezirk of Lower Franconia – Twinning Office|
|Mrs Silke Burdack|
|Tel: 0931 7959-1419|