One year's voluntary service in France!
Discover what Europe is all about
Since 1988, the Bezirk of Lower Franconia and the Department of Calvados have been exchanging volunteers, initially within the "European Voluntary Service" (EFD) programme, which is part of the EU's "Erasmus+" programme, and now it continues as a voluntary activity within the "European Solidarity Corps" (ESK) or the Deutsch-Französischer Freiwilligendienst Kultur" (DFFD).
Thus, the Twinning Office of Lower Franconia sends on an annual basis a young person from Lower Franconia to France and receuves a young person from the French parnter region in exchnagen.
You too can take advantage of this opportunity!
- You are between 18 and 25 years old
- You come from Lower Franconia
- You have a good level of French
- You are sociable and responsible
- You would like to bring young people from France closer to Germany and its culture
- You would like to get to know France, the country, and its people, as well as its professional sphere
- You have a valid driving licence
- Raise awareness for Europe in general and for Germany in particular (for instance through campaigns in school classes, municipalities, twinning committees and youth structure)
- Encourage young people to be internationally mobile and open to other cultures
- Participate in the preparation and implementation of European activities of the "Actions éducatives, Citoyenneté, Europe" service (for instance on Europe Day, cultural events and seminars on youth projects, etc.)
- Be ambassador for Lower Franconia in the department of Calvados
With the support of the German-French Youth Office, the International Youth Voluntary Service, the Civic Service Agency, the Department of Calvados, the Rhineland-Palatinate cultural office as well as the Maison du Rhénanie-Palatinat, the following costs will be covered:
- Travel expenses for outward and return journey
- Contibution towards accomodation costs
- Monthly allowance
The intercultural preparation before the departure and the accompagniment during the project is carried out by the Rhineland-Palatinate cultural office and the Maison du Rhénanie-Palatinat.
Please send your application in French, including a curriculum vitae and a photograph, to the following address by 15th March 2020 at the latest:
or bay mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the anniversary year of 2017, we were able to celebrate 20 years of voluntary service within the regional twinning of Lower-Franconia and Calvados. Reports of all volunteers can be found in this special issue.
If you are interested in a voluntary service in another department or another European country, please contact:
More about voluntary service and other mobility programmes at www.rausvonzuhaus.de